Monday, November 7, 2011

Slumdog Millionare

So this weekend I watched Slumdog Millionare. It was ok. I liked how it flashed back and forth; that was neat. I didn't really like the part where it showed the people blinding the kids. That was awful. I thought that it was funny when the little boys were giving tour guide at the Taj Mahal and how they were stealing peoples' shoes. I thought that the ending was good. I do not know if I would have given it best picture of the year, but it wasn't up to me, and I'm not an expert on movies. The four characteristics of great movies are uniqueness, highly crafted and layered, they achieve what they set out to do, and takes on a complex theme. This movie is unique, with its flashbacks, highly crafted, also the flashbacks, make the audience happy in the end (which was what the moviemakers wanted to happen), and takes on a complex theme, this one being "never stop looking for true love." I liked The Shawshank Redemption a lot better... :)

1 comment:

Caryn Kirk said...

The theme had to do with fate, FYI. If you watch it again, pay attention to the opening quote and the way it ends. I had hoped for a little more analysis on this post... but it's not the one I'm grading! I like Shawshank Redemption too.