Sunday, February 19, 2012

Model UN

So today the Hammond Model UN delegation got back from the Duke Model UN Conference. I am so tired. I had a pretty good time. We were debating issues and junk until like eleven every night. We had movie night during which Emma dragged me into the room showing the Mary-Kate and Ashley movie "Winning London."  It was cheesy of course but kind of exciting because the cute British guy from "House" was in it. He is very attractive. There was also a delegate dance. Yeah... people got crazy (not me), but it was fun, I guess. Emma and I talked some in our committee, the EU, but most of the time we didn't. I probably have five pages filled with awesome doodles. There was this one guy in our committee that Emma and I were in that was representing Lithuania that kept taking his shirt off... That was perfectly fine with me. I thought he was cute, but Emma did not. There was also another guy who represented Ireland in the EU who was very attractive (but not as attractive as the dude from "House"). In our committee, we had this thing called a "snap cup" where people would write funny things and then they would be read aloud. This was one of the best parts of the whole trip. On the last day in committee,  our committee had a runway show (during which both Lithuania and Ireland tried to take their shirts off), we abducted another committee's chair and we invaded and took over two other committees. I had a pretty good time. The only award that Hammond got was that Jonathan Friedman got recognized verbally for doing a good job at the awards ceremony. I have no idea why Hammond didn't win the "best school" award... It's crazy. Overall, I had a good time.  I will probably be doing Model UN next year, but then I will have done most of my homework before we leave rather than after, seeing as how I have a lot of homework to do now. Bye! :)

No comments: