Saturday, December 3, 2011

Exams

For lack of anything else good to blog about, I will be blogging about exams. Ah exams, the dreadful things that come twice a year, are worth twenty percent of your semester average and encompass everything you have learned thus far. I hate exams. We are being tested on material that we have already learned (and probably forgotten), so what is the point of having a HUGE test on stuff if we have already learned it? Most teachers would probably respond to this by saying, "The point of exams is to make sure that you remember what you have learned." You go to school to learn and be prepared for "the real world," but I don't think that I will need to know half of the things that I learn in school. I don't want to be an architect, so that rules out geometry. I won't need to know off of the top of my head what glycolysis is or who the greatest ruler of the Mughal Empire was. I either want to be a psychologist or an attorney (prosecutor that is, not defense- no way am I going to try to prevent someone who has committed a crime from going to jail when they should be punished for breaking the law. Just sayin'.). I will need to know English for both of those, so I'm fine with taking English. But anyway, I am not looking forward to exams or studying for them. I am very glad that I do not have an exam on Friday! (My H period is band.)

1 comment:

Caryn Kirk said...

Good thing you're OK with English! This post is well constructed and fun to read. I would advise you to steer away from "I have nothing to write about" as your opener, however. Openings and closings are important structurally. Commit to the topic, whatever it is!

25/25