Sunday, May 13, 2012

9th Grade

I am going to use my final blog to reflect back on the past year, with 3 major parts of this year that made it great:
1. Honors World Cultures Sheilas vs. Blokes showdowns
   The Sheilas vs. Blokes (Girls vs. Boys) games in World Cultures were some of the most fun times I have had this whole year. During the game, Mr. Miller asks a history question and the first person to raise their hand and get it right gets a point for their team. In our class, the games have been so intense it's not even funny. Several times, we have stayed after the bell rang for the tiebreaker. The boys have only won two games while the girls have won six. I think this really shows how much more awesome girls are than guys. Mr. Miller said that this is the first year the girls have overall been winning the entire year. That is something to be proud of, don't you think, Kirky?
2. Spanish III Period D
Our Spanish class was awesome. It consisted of Anna Dail, Hamilton, Sam Palmer, Ali DeRidder, McNair Coleman, Ellis Reese, Awa, Chuck, India, Dodge Dixon, Suber, Ken Krupa (Ken for president!), and me. This class was so much fun. Sam Palmer is hilarious, always cracking jokes or calling people amateurs. McNair is just hilarious with his country accent and his constant cussing when Mr. Vitali hands out our quizzes. It was so much fun to mess with Suber this year. And Ellis's constant singing of Adele made the class even more unique because no other Spanish class gets to hear Adele everyday like we do. This class was really fun and I'm going to miss all of the seniors in that class next year when they go off to college. 
3. My B period Free Period Buddies
For most of the year, Maddy, Emma, Awa, Quinn, Sara, and I have all been in the library during B period, where the librarians had to constantly tell us to be quiet. Needless to say, we had a lot of fun. I think the best part was reading the hilarious Seventeen Magazine tips on boys. Some of the stuff they said in there was just flat out stupid. But it was really funny to read. Also, while I'm doing homework, I like to listen to music. My Free Period Buddies had a great time laughing at me jamming out to my music. But I doubt any of them listen to oldies like I do. If they did, they'd be rocking out too.

9th grade has been both fun and stressful. While the workload has been a lot for the most part, it has been a blast, mainly for the 3 reasons above. If I didn't have these outlets this year to relieve stress and have fun, I probably would have gone insane. But thankfully I had these outlets and I didn't go insane. Some parts of 9th grade I will not miss (World Cultures tests), but other parts I will definitely miss next year. But I'll get by somehow. Even if I slack off somewhat, I'm just too good not to be good. Haha. I think that this has been the best ninth grade experience I could have had and I wouldn't change 97% of it. Haha. 

1 comment:

Caryn Kirk said...

Um... where's all the stuff about 9th grade English class???

Great work blogging this year. Your personal voice really shines in all of these, and the detail is rich. Think about paragraph breaks from time to time, though...

25/25